Cognitive Scientist, Computer Scientist
• I am guest editor for the journal Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience's Special Issue on Advances in the Application of Human Activity Recognition to be published in January 2023. Call for papers.
• On the 17th June 2022 I will give a presentation at the SweCog 2022 Conference about Human-Centered AI for Personalization in Experiential Learning Environments.
• On the 19th April 2022 I will give a presentation and lead a discussion on AI and how it could be used to improve human learning while taking into account the nature of human cognition at Foo Cafe in Malmö. Information and signup. A recording of the presentation is available here:
• On the 16th September 2021 I will give a presentation at the Association for Philosophy and Computing Conference held as part of the IS4SI Summit 2021 about Perceptions, Imagery, Memory and Consciousness in Man and Machine.
• I will be the scientific editor of a book project about Spatial Cognition and Cognitive Maps with the publisher IntechOpen. If you think you would have something to contribute to the book and hence want to be invited by IntechOpen to submit a chapter proposal, please contact me asap.
• On the 16th March 2020 I will give a lecture about Biologically Inspired Machine Perception at Moscow Engineering Physics Institute in Russia. Cancelled due to the Corona outbreak.
• On the 12th March 2020 I will give a lecture (in Swedish) about the Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence at Senioruniversitetet in Stockholm. Cancelled due to the Corona outbreak.
• In August 2019 I will give a presentation at the Annual International Conference on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures BICA 2019, which will be held at the Microsoft main campus in Seattle, USA. An article available here presenting the ideas I brought up during this presentation (and more) is published in the APA Newsletter on Philosophy and Computers. A recording of the presentation is available here:
• I will coedit the journal Complexity's Special Issue on Advances in Architectures, Big Data and Machine Learning Techniques for Complex Internet of Things Systems to be published in March 2019. Call for papers.
• 4 September 2018 I will give a presentation about brain-inspired AI and machine learning at Foo Cafe in Malmö. In collaboration with the Swedish consulting firm Neodev AB in Malmö. A recording of the presentation is available here:
• 24 August 2018 I will give a presentation at the Annual International Conference on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures BICA 2018, which will be held as a part of the Joint Multi-Conference on Human-Level Artificial Intelligence HLAI-18 in Prague, Czech Republic. My presentation will be about experiments with a neural network system that imagines missing parts of perceived music. The imagination is done through the internal simulation of activity patterns in the neural network architecture which it elicits because it has learnt to associate them with the perceived music. The neural network architecture is based on a further developed and more mature version of the Associative Self-Organizing Map. An article describing the experiments is now published in the BICA Journal, and a paper will also be available as a part of the proceedings of BICA 2018. A recording of the presentation is available here:
• 23 June 2018 I will give a presentation about consciousness and internal simulation and participate in a panel discussion about machine consciousness with Peter Boltuc, Ricardo Sanz, Ned Block and Igor Aleksander at the annual meeting of the International Association for Computing And Philosophy in Warsaw, Poland.